INSPECTION OF HEAT EXCHANGERS TUBES AND BOILERS
Exam of tubes by IRIS (Internal Rotary Inspection System) can be carried out in any material such as carbon steel, stainless steel, copper alloy, nickel, aluminum and even non-metallic materials.
This is a technique of ultrasonic method, which consists basically of a “ scanning” of all the tube by an ultrasound normal beam. This happens through the rotation of a small mirror coupled to a water turbine which receives tube and directs it to the tube surface, according to the picture below, the water also serves as coupling.
Our technology allows for accurate localization and sizing of areas and corrosion points, through B/C/D –Scan resources. These resources are available at real time in order to make needed information available to instant decisions and they also recorded for future analysis and reports generation.
Our results, obtained this way, are presented according to the illustration below, which allow for localization and accurate sizing of damages.
We use modern equipment , with software and updated technology such as Eddyfi Ectane and Olympus MS 5800″ with resources such as C-SCAN-ID-VIEW and C-SCAN-OD-VIEW which are fundamental when one of the surfaces (internal or external) of tubes do not allow adequate reflection of the sound as in the finned pipes or the very corroded surfaces.
The main technical advantages are:
- It can be carried out in all types of material
- It has accuracy in sizing localized and generalized thickness loss;
- It can be used in a wide range of diameters of tubes (from 10mm to 102mm), special devices can be developed for inspection of smaller diameters as well as for bigger ones.
The main disadvantages are:
- Strict cleaning demand
- Low test speed (typically 600 linear meters a day)
- It detects only damages such as thickness loss
SOME OF OUR DIFFERENTIALS:
- Supervision carried out by multidisciplinary engineering team with experience in inspection and maintenance of equipment. Wide collection of registers of various types of damages which occur in pipes of heat exchangers and boilers.
- Simultaneous and real-time B e C-SCAN inspection, which allow detection, localization and sizing of discontinuities.
- 100% recorded inspection, the data can be re-evaluated at any moment, or even be compared to future inspections.
- Work procedure with immediate analysis of data in field or collection and simultaneous analysis. This last resource allows for optimization of effective work time in field.
- B/C/D-scan data analysis
- Register of data in 3D Drawing
- Inspection statistics
- Inspection resources of internal or external thickness of the tubes only.
- Qualified professional aligned to SNQC – ISO 9712
- SNQC professional Level III in our own ultrasound.
- Possibility of using simultaneous electromagnetics techniques(EC, RFT, MFL) for complementing and increase of effectiveness of inspection.
- Inspection of tubes with diameter 9,5mm to 101,6 mm.
- We can develop devices for specific uses.