This is a technique of electromagnetics method which consists of scanning of all the length of the tube using probes which emit a magnetic field which is highlighted by the existing “ material volume” between sender and receiver. A correlation between the intensity of magnet field “ felt” and the thickness of tubes , “ plan of voltage “ is the basis for detection and sizing of tubes real thickness.
The use of frequencies to eliminate undesirable signals, the resource of “ frequencies compensation”, the use of updated equipment and software which allow the presentation of data in real time and the simultaneous recording for future analysis are decisive factors in the accuracy of results , as well as the maximization of inspection speed.
The main advantages of the technique are:
– It allows the tube inspections partially embedded
– Low fill factor (lower than eddy-current)
– Flexible probes for inspection of bended tubes parts, typically used in boilers
– Testing speed superior to IRIS
The main disadvantages are:
– Applied only to Inspection of magnetic materials
– It does not detect damages to support plates and tubesheets
– It has limitations to detections of small damages
– The exam execution and the interpretation of results requires experience and ability
– It demands manufacturing of standard tubes for each type of examined pipe
SOME OF OUR DIFFERENTIALS:
- Supervision by multidisciplinary engineering team with experience in inspection and equipment maintenance. Vast collection of registers of diverse types of damages which occur in pipes of heat exchangers and boilers.
- 100% recorded inspection, data can be re-evaluated at any moment, or even be compared in future inspections.
- Work procedure with immediate analysis of data in field or collection and simultaneous analysis. This last resource allows for optimization of effective work time in field.
- Data register in 3D sketch.
- Inspection Statistics
- Qualified professional in Eddy Current according to ASNT– ISO 9712
- Own Professional ASNT Level III in Eddy Current
- Possibility of application of simultaneous electromagnetics techniques (EC, IRIS, RFT, MFL) for complementation and increase of inspection effectiveness.